Eagle Hill School – Hardwick House
Plan the replacement of the kitchen to include:
- Relocate the kitchen in order to provide contiguous access to all classrooms from inside the building.
- Increase the menu variety.
- Achieve even distribution of students throughout the space during peak periods.
- Improve upon current facility – related deficiencies.
- Reset the clock on the facility life cycle.
- Provide side by side comparison of existing vs. proposed equipment capacities.
- Plan for remote self-service beverage, desserts, deli and salad bar stations.
- Replace reach-in freezers in the kitchen with walk-in freezer.
- Reuse existing equipment where practical.
- Owner planned use of mobile kitchen during construction. Gymnasium was used as a temporary dining space.
The renovation resulted in improved kitchen organization and work flow. Facility – related deficiencies were resolved. The clock on the facility life cycle was reset for the next 20 – 25 years.
Click Here to view Project Drawings in Adobe Viewer