Redesign an existing kitchen/servery facility in lower Manhattan to accommodate the relocation an existing bakery/ pastry commissary from Brooklyn. Maximize reuse of existing equipment in both facilities and minimize changes required to the utility infrastructure.
- Devising a layout that aligned functional necessity and equipment utility requirements with existing infrastructure.
- Meet a 5 week schedule for drawing completion (schematic design thru construction documents).
- Obtain cutsheets and utility characteristics of European equipment from the Brooklyn commissary.
- Prepare thorough inventory of existing equipment including manufacturer, model number and utility characteristics.
- Identify equipment items to be relocated.
- Prepare conceptual plan to achieve desired work flow while minimizing impact on infrastructure.
- Prepare final connection drawings showing both new and all existing utility connections and their status (existing, modify, existing-cap off ).
- Prepare detailed cutsheets representing new and existing equipment. Photos of all existing equipment accompanied each cutsheet. Where utility tag info and cutsheets were not available, manufacturers were contacted to confirm utility data which was then documented for the construction team.
Click Here to view Project Drawings in Adobe Viewer