NY Botanical Garden – Hudson Garden Grill
Plan a new table service restaurant called the Hudson Garden Grill.
- Plan an exhibition kitchen (approximately 600 SF) to service the restaurant with 80 general dining seats and 120 seats on the patio.
- Plan a new coffee/wine bar with seating.
- Redesign the 480 SF dishwashing area to accommodate a planned increase in dining area and revised restaurant circulation.
- Make minor changes to the existing 1200 SF banquet kitchen as directed by the Operator.
- Start designing with a blank sheet of paper utilizing all the space previously allocated to the former Garden Café.
- Reuse existing infrastructure where practical.
- Reconcile existing condition mechanical plans to what’s “really” there. The capacity of the existing exhaust hood was considerably less than what was shown on the plans.
- Develop schedules for design and installation to reflect that the dishwashing and banquet kitchen are to remain operational to support ongoing banquet business.
The restaurant opened to great acclaim. The Hudson Garden Grill complements its setting and the other dining service options available at NYBG. It’s a perfect dining venue, popular with members and visitors, reflects state of the art in display kitchen design and has great architectural appeal.
Click Here to view Project Drawings in Adobe Viewer