Luma Hotel – Ortzi
Design a kitchen for a 75 seat star-chef driven independent full service restaurant in a new 130 room boutique hotel wedged into a narrow urban site with visual excitement to draw hotel and local guests into the space.
- At the time of our involvement the restaurant and kitchen areas were already programmed for a limited service chain hotel breakfast buffet area with only 750 SF of space and limited exhaust capacity. The kitchen area had to be located at the rear of the property.
- Build an open display kitchen around a featured brick oven with flames visible from the hotel entrance and street.
- Develop the cold pantry into the front bar areas which offers grab and go breakfast in the morning and tapas and small plates at night.
- Plan a highly visible 12 ft high wine storage and display unit into a back wall where it became part of the décor- no space taken from kitchen or BOH.
- Plan BOH to allow prep, storage, and equipment to co-exist in the same footprint.
- Ortzi, a highly visable and successful Basque-inspired Spanish restaurant from James Beard-award winning chef Jose Garces is meeting all financial objectives. The restaurant achieves the goal of appearing independent of the hotel and enhances the hotel entrance and lobby.
Click Here to view Project Drawings in Adobe Viewer